This public consultation is closed
The input we received will be incorporated in our proposals that will be submitted to the European Commission.
Ethics by Design and Ethics of Use approaches for Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Big Data
This report is intended for two groups: those concerned with the development of AI, robotics and big data systems and technologies, and those concerned with their deployment and use. For the first group, it offers comprehensive and detailed guidance for the inclusion of an Ethics by Design approach in technology development. Ethics by Design (EbD) is an approach to design that aims at the systematic inclusion of ethical values, principles, requirements and procedures into design and development processes. For the second group, it offers guidance for the inclusion of ethics requirements in the deployment and use of AI, robotics and big data systems. We present an Ethics of Deployment and Use (EDU) approach for proper inclusion of such guidelines at different stages in the deployment and use of these systems.
Want to give input to more SIENNA proposals?
- Operational guidance for ethical self-assessment of genetics & genomics research
- Ethical guidelines for research, development & application of human enhancement and a proposal for the creation of an appropriate body to oversee and analyse trends towards human enhancement, assess moral and social consequences, provide information and advice.
- Ethics by Design and Ethics of Use approaches for Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Big Data
- AI ethics education, training and awareness raising
- Industry Education and Buy-In
- Ethics as Attention to Context: Recommendations for AI ethics