- Synthesise expert and stakeholder views.
- Improve guidelines for research ethics committees.
- Make ethical assessments easier in various fields.
- Facilitate exchange between research ethics committee members.
- Enhance national, EU and international legal frameworks.
- Produce SIENNA codes of conduct.
More information and contact
Dirk Lanzerath, EUREC
Dirk Lanzerath is Secretary General of EUREC and Head of EUREC Office; Managing Director of the German Reference Centre (DRZE) of the University of Bonn; graduated in Biology and Philosophy; lecturer at the University of Bonn (Philosophy, Ethics, Bioethics), guest lecturer at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA (Ethics). As Faculty member of The Bioethics Program (Advanced Certificate Program in Research Ethics: Central and Eastern Europe) of The Graduate College of Union University Schenectady, Schenectady, NY, and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY (USA) he is very experienced in teaching research ethics in Central and Eastern European Countries. Research areas: ethics, bioethics, philosophy of science, philosophy of biology. Dirk Lanzerath is experienced in European networking processes and in coordinating large EC-Projects. He is coordinator of the ENERI project. Dirk Lanzerath leads the work stream developing proposals from the project.